If you're similar to the majority of Australian businesses right now, most of your prospective customers may not be in a position to actually convert right now, to purchase your product or service. It’s safe to say, it’s a tricky situation to navigate productively.
So, what can you do right now to continue to effectively drive your business in the right direction for when this challenging period comes to an end?
We firmly believe that even if your business is still quiet, there are things you can be doing to strengthen and nurture your current relationships, increase future lead generation and build greater brand awareness. And it all begins with your foundations: Your data.
This is how you can best utilise and segment your data for the NOW:
Step 1: At-home Cleanse
You may be spending more time cleaning your own house at the moment, and the same should go for your businesses’ database.
Now is the ultimate opportunity to ensure your customer/client data is cleansed, and up to date, allowing you to more successfully execute your communication strategies.
So what does a cleansed and successful database look like and how do you go about doing it?
Then, go through your database and ensure that you have the following information for each individual:
- Email address
- Business name
- Business website
- Contact number
Step 2: Simple Segmentation
Segment your list into 3 simple groups:
- Current clients - These are the clients you’re currently working with and should be your first priority. Your continued partnership is vital right now.
- Past clients - You may no longer be working with them, but these guys already know and trust you. They know how you operate and understand how valuable your services/products are to their business.
- Unconverted leads - These are your old and new leads. Maybe you have had your first conversation or email with them and haven’t yet converted them. So at this point, forget ‘selling’ to them. Show them that you’re very much here to help and support them, whether they’re a paying customer or not.
Step 3: Develop Your Support Strategy
Now it’s time to create a targeted outreach strategy that is all about supporting and adding value to your database, to prepare them for when they are able to re-open and relaunch. Now is the biggest opportunity your business may have ever had to really enhance your relationships.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How can you show each contact that you genuinely care?
- Do you understand their business and how it may be impacted?
- Can you and your business do anything to help them in preparation for relaunching or reopening?
Whether you develop your communications support strategy to be executed via email, phone or social media, a few key points to remember are:
- Ask your network how they are - how is their business, team and family going at this stage?
- Show your leadership skills, with a proactive and forward thinking mindset about future opportunities for their business
- Be optimistic - positivity is powerful
- Focus on giving - offer support, advice, value and time ( a complimentary Zoom meeting or Google hangout will demonstrate this)
A great example of a business delivering ongoing support to their community right now is our client The Parlour Room, a beauty salon in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, who were forced to close their doors in March. Since then, they have continued to provide their community, both previous currents and new members, free and valuable at-home DIY health and beauty tips, through an interactive and personable Facebook Group (for more information on the power of facebook groups, keep an eye out for our blog next week).
Turn this period into your strength by displaying business leadership and giving value back to your network, because no matter when this challenging time comes to an end, your business will be in a position to relaunch, stronger and better than ever.
For more guidance on developing your marketing strategy right now, download your FREE Covid-19 Marketing Support Pack here.
Do you need help with strategic digital marketing for your business?
All you have to do is Ask!
At Ask Digital Marketing, we combine decisive digital strategy and managed marketing execution to help B2B service-based businesses build demand, establish thought leadership and own their industry through digital business marketing.
Stop waiting. Start building. Experience success.
Just get in touch with us and we can discuss your business to help you navigate the digital marketing landscape towards success.
Let’s harness the power of digital marketing today!