Virtual Marketing Management is here, and it’s the way of the future.
So what is a VMM?
More than ever before, a cutting edge marketing function now requires strategic thinking, creativity, technical expertise and optimal execution. In this generation, businesses need to spend small, yet strategise BIG.
A Virtual Marketing Manager (VMM) provides marketing leadership for your business for a fraction of the cost of an in-house resource. VMMs are an extension of your business and the perfect fit for any businesses who already has, or has scope to add an in-house junior marketing resource.
A New Approach To Outsourcing
With the average salary of a Marketing Manager in Australia sitting at $97,000 (Indeed, 2019), you’ve got to ask yourself, why have a full-time marketing team in-house, when you can have an outsourced senior marketing expert for a fraction of that cost?
Outsourcing business functions is increasing in popularity for many reasons. According to Deloitte, the number one reason for outsourcing is cost saving.
On the flip side, however, there are many known disadvantages to traditional outsourcing of the marketing function. These include:
- The skills learned will stay with the agency, not the business
- No development for the internal team or their individual capabilities
- Risk of limited innovation, strategy and drive - resulting in the same thing, on repeat, each month
- If the business decides to bring the marketing function back in-house, this can prove difficult
Partnering with a VMM will prevent all of this.
Outsourcing and Virtual Marketing Management: What’s the difference?
The difference between regular outsourcing and working with a VMM is:
- A VMM will leverage the internal marketing capacity of the business, enabling significant cost savings and the development of the internal resources
- For businesses who don't have an internal marketing resource but need one, a VMM will develop a role, recruit, train and support this person
- A VMM will develop and provide ongoing support for the internal resource, who executes the day-to-day
- A VMM provides an ongoing partnership allowing you to outsource the work, yet feel a sense of control over the service
- Using a VMM means that when the business is ready to bring everything in-house, all of the systems, processes and training has been put in place
- A VMM is able to focus on both the overarching bigger picture and the finer details of your business, creating dynamic and successful marketing strategies to suit your needs
- VMMs are some of the most well-resourced people in the industry, having previously worked as in-house Senior Marketing Managers within startups, SMEs and for some of the world’s leading global brands
So how much will you actually save? We’ll give it to you straight
Partnering with your own Senior Virtual Marketing Manager will save you 80% less than hiring your own in-house Marketing Manager. Ultimately, the VMM approach is a smarter way to think and act BIG, without the price tag.
ask Marketing is proud to launch the Virtual Marketing Manager. Our VMM approach is different. It works. And it is the way of the future.
Interested in hearing from our clients? Read our case studies.
Interested in pricing? Explore the ask Virtual Marketing Manager packages here.
Learn more about next-generation marketing, current trends, insights and practical tips for your business. Follow us on LinkedIn today.